Sunday, January 23, 2011

stitch by stitch

I got a very exciting Christmas gift this year! No, it wasn’t a massage, a new mommy wardrobe, or a day off. I now own a sewing machine!!! 85% of my readers likely think this is dull and a little homely. However, I am stoked. I love making creative craft projects or decorations for my home or toys for the little man - and I am so limited since Elmer’s glue and staples don’t make for a very clean finish. But not anymore, I am a seamstress! Let me back up a little – I learned how to thread a sewing machine and load a bobbin this week! Only after I have stared at my machine (still in the plastic) for several weeks. I haven’t made a stitch since high school home ec class and I have to admit I’m rather intimidated. But since the baby took a good nap - I decided to go forth and tackle my fear.







I experimented with some of the 60 different stitch designs. I rounded a few corners. I went fast and slow. There is so much more that this machine can do that I haven't discovered yet. Now I have the projects lined up and have almost worked up the courage to begin. One thing is for certain, my machine likely won't be "paying for itself" anytime soon.


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome gift! I've actually been looking into buying a sewing machine for awhile now as well. Can't wait to see some of the fun things you come up with to make.: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were a sewer! Shall I put in my requests now? :-)

    ReplyDelete