Monday, January 10, 2011

a little snow day

We finally got our first snow!!! This is coming from a girl who used to HATE the snow. Then I moved to Colorado and pretty much figured out I better learn to appreciate it because it wasn’t going anywhere. After that we got along great. Then came the love of skiing and snowshoeing; and a 4WD Jeep helped a lot. I must say I’ve been getting a little antsy with January ticking by and no trace of snow. Until this morning when we woke up with 4 inches on the ground! There’s not much to do in 4 inches of snow. I guess I could have snow shoed in my back yard. I would have had to add some high knees and lunges to really call it anything more than a step outside. Nonetheless, Lawrence and I went out and played in it after his morning nap. Not only was it the first snow of the winter, but his first snow ever. I was wishing I had a sled. Instead we made snow angels and took pictures. Copper tried to teach Lawrence how to dig his nose into the snow while on the run. Maybe he’ll catch on next year.



And as a side note, I really had to laugh that some of the schools were out. In Colorado this would have been a “really, you couldn’t make it to work on time due to the weather” sort of morning.




3 comments:

  1. I just can't get over how stinkin' cute he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I am so impressed that 1.) you had all the right clothes to bundle him up in at this young age for snow and 2.) the Lawrence seemed to LIKE this experience! We took Simon out for his first time "in" the snow and he was quite unhappy. :) How fun! - Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny! Thank goodness for Hand Me Downs - or Lawrence wouldn't have had anything to wear in the snow. I don't think he liked that he couldn't move his arms or hardly bend due to the layers!

    ReplyDelete