Sunday, November 6, 2011

fun with pumpkins

A few weeks ago Lawrence and I were able to go to another pumpkin patch. This time with my folks (Nana and Grandpa John). There were a lot of activities that Lawrence could try and we had lots of fun. They even had a slide! That we avoided.

We all picked out pumpkins and Lawrence even got one just his size!







We got to ride the train. I was just glad that my hips fit in the seat.




He is turning into such a little boy.


And of course rode on our first Deere.









We had a beautiful day and especially enjoyed spending it with Nana since it was her birthday!




I have mad a couple fun pumpkin recipes lately and thought I would share:


Pumpkin Fluff Dip


1 16 oz whip cream

1 small instant vanilla pudding mix

1 15 oz pumpkin

1 t pumpkin pie spice


Mix together and serve with cinnamon graham crackers.

* I think that next time I would have several things to serve with it. Maybe some apple slices would be yummy?!



Fluffy Pumpkin cookies


1 15 oz pumpkin

1 pkg yellow cake mix


Mix together and place on cookie tray! Bake at temp on package. Do not overcook.


* I mixed in chocolate chips which made these SO yummy. They are so light and moist. Variations I want to try: spice cake mix instead of yellow. Craisins. Cream Cheese frosting. Muffins instead of cookies.
















2 comments:

  1. I just can't get over how stinkin' cute Lawrence is! Wow, I can't help but stare (not in a creepy way :) I've been making a bunch of pumpkin stuff, too. I made pumpkin chocolate chip bread, pumpkin pecan muffins, and a pumpkin cake roll. All very delish. Let me know if you want the recipes! Love and miss you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawrence is turning into such a handsome little boy. He's going to be a heartbreaker! : )

    ReplyDelete