Tuesday, August 23, 2011

dinosaurs and baseballs

Our family took a weekend get away to Kansas City and had so much fun. Lawrence is at such a fun age now and I know it will only get better. Corey and I have been getting the itch to get away since we haven't had a vacation this year.





So we went and visited the dinosaurs at the TRex restaurant in KC. The atmosphere was much better then the overpriced not so exceptional food. But hey, they got us in and trapped. Pretty good marketing. Why follow it up with good food?














The crayons aren't solely for eating anymore!





We also had to hit up Cabela's while we were there. It's a pretty good deal - a zoo packed with deer and an aquarium in one place and for free. Don't they know they could charge for that? Oh wait, another trap. They got us in and hooked and we bought stuff that said Cabela's. More good marketing. However, we opted out of their overpriced food.












We were also able to see our dear friends, the Toftelands. It was so great to spend some time with them and see their new house. And even take in a Royals game! We had a beautiful evening to sit and watch the game.




And about the time the kids got antsy, we took them to play. Did you know they have a carousel, mini golf, mini baseball, and more at the baseball game? Just give them a token and you're in. Yep, you called it. So you're trapped at the game with a kid that wants to mush grapes on the head of the person in front of you, so you give everyone a break by taking them to the kid zone. Cha Ching Cha Ching. Brilliant.







And this is all taking place as the Royals are actually scoring runs. Not something that typically happens. But we had fun with the kids! I had no idea that parents with young children were such unsuspecting, easy targets. I'll remember that!





Based on the pictures, this might seem like a 'boyish' weekend. Nope, I got to do more shopping than I could have asked for. We stayed about a mile from a huge outlet mall extravaganza. Didn't take pictures of that experience. I was concentrating on the task at hand. And both my boys were very good sports about it!





















































1 comment: