Friday, July 2, 2010

:)

I am sooooo thankful for people who are much wiser than myself.

Let me start be saying that Lawrence slept in his crib for 3 hours last night. We feed him. He then slept in his crib for an additional 3 hours. This meant that Corey and I also slept for 6 hours ..... in bed ..... TOGETHER :)

We are figuring out some of Lawrences issues with crying all the time and not sleeping. With the help of our doula and a chiropractor, we have figured out that my body is simply not producing enough milk. I am nursing and nursing, but he is just not getting what he needs. In discovering this, it broke my heart to know that I havn't been providing the nuturients that he has been desperately needing and wanting. But more importantly, my heart is filled with relief and joy to know that my baby is going to be just fine and we can easily fulfill his needs from now on. Praise the Lord! I now have a baby who is content and rested; with a big ole plump belly on him! And better yet - a mama who is swimming gracefully rather than sinking, motivated to move forward, and packing 6 hours of rest! And after 6 1/2 weeks -- it feels pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment